If you are looking to purchase a newly built home, the following tips I am providing you will help you make your move-in experience a pleasant one.
1. Choose a reputable builder. Talk to people in the community and check online reviews to discern whether or not the builder you choose will provide you with great service.
2. Be add-on aware. Add-ons will drive the price up, just like when buying a car. Make sure you know that higher quality materials will cost you more, as with granite, crown-molding, additional bathrooms, wainscoting, and more.
3. Stay involved with the building process. You should keep in regular contact with your contractor so that you know of any issues that might come up. Ask for regular meetings and discuss the progress that has been made.
4. Learn the neighborhood. Partner with an agent who knows the area, and get to know your neighbors.
5. Be flexible. Deadlines need to be a little flexible. Issues may very well arise during the building process, so be prepared to have a place to stay just in case you need to be out of your old home before your new one is ready.
6. Plan a walkthrough. Do not feel that you are being a pest; you are spending your money on their home and want to make sure that everything is going well. Ask your agent for tips on what to check for, progress-wise. Look into new home warranties and ask your agent for referrals for insurance, etc.
We possess a wealth of knowledge and we want the process to go smoothly for you. If you have any questions about buying a home or another real estate topic, please feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you.